OUR LEADER IN CATHOLIC FAITH...
The parishioners of St. Louise de Marillac welcomed Father Condon in 2010. We are blessed to have such a cultured leader in our parish and school. Father Condon is a native of Brooklyn, NY. When he was just 2 years old, his mother died of Tuberculosis, but is father remarried when he was 7. He has 3 brothers, 2 nephews, 3 nieces…and 55 cousins (his mother had 9 sisters and 1 brother)! He attended St. Anselm Grade School (Brooklyn) and Seminary High School of the Diocese of Brooklyn.
Father Condon has been serving as a priest of the Archdiocese of Chicago for over 20 years. In his spare time, he enjoys the daily crossword puzzle in the Chicago Tribune – occasionally the New York Times – and reading murder mysteries.
• Incardinated into the Archdiocese of Chicago, 1992
• Benedictine monk of St. Meinrad Archabbey, IN, 1970-1992
• Pastor, St. Louise de Marillac. LaGrange Park, IL, 2010-Present
• Pastor, St. Marcelline, Schaumburg, IL, 1998-2010
• Asst. Pastor, St. Emily, Mt. Prospect, IL, 1995-1998
• Asst. Pastor, St. Victor, Calumet City, IL, 1992-1995
• Asst. Pastor, St. Barnabas, Beverly, IL, 1991- 1992
• Asst. Prof. of Speech Communication, DePaul University, 1986-1990
• Asst. Prof. of Homiletics, Catholic Theological Union, 1985-1986
• Asst. Prof. of Homiletics, St. Meinrad School of Theology, 1983-1985
• B.A., Fordham University, NY
• Masters of Divinity, St. Meinrad School of Theology, IN
• Ph. D., Speech Communication, University of Pittsburg
OUR LEADER IN ACADEMICS...
When she began at St. Louise School in 2014, Ms. Mahay brought with her five years of experience as Principal at St. Hyacinth Basilica School (Chicago). Ms. Mahay also served as third grade teacher (3 years) and sixth grade teacher (3 years; homeroom, science and writing) at Our Lady of Tepeyac Elementary School (Chicago). She looks forward to growing our school’s exceptional programs including multiage classrooms, expanding the technology infrastructure and building parish-school relations.
Ms. Mahay earned a Masters in Education from Loyola University-Chicago as part of the LU-CHOICE program. LU-CHOICE is a post-graduate service-teaching program whose mission is to advance, develop and sustain Catholic education by educating, placing and supporting talented college graduates in elementary classrooms in the Archdiocese of Chicago. LU-CHOICE teachers live out their faith and embody the Jesuit ideal of being men and women for others through service to their schools and dedication to their community.
She was raised in Berwyn by her mother and father and has one younger sister. Her niece is a student at St. Louise School. Ms. Mahay enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling and reading in her spare time.
• Loyola University – Masters, Education Leadership
• Dominican University – Type 75
• Saint Mary’s of Notre Dame – Bachelor of Science, Psychology; Minor, Biology
• Fenwick High School
• Principal, St. Louise de Marillac School, 2014-Present
• Principal, St. Hyacinth Basilica School, 2009-2014
• Teacher, Our Lady of Tepeyac, 2003–2009
A letter from our Pastor about Catholic Schools